Shopping Cart -

Your cart is currently empty.
Continue Shopping
This website use cookies and similar technologies to improve the site and to provide customised content and advertising. By using this site, you agree to this use. To learn more, including how to change your cookie settings, please view our Cookie Policy
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
   You are currently viewing the Australia version of the site.
Would you like to switch to your local site?
Digital Subscriptions > Healthy Food Guide > June 2018 > LET’S MILK IT



Whether you’re trying the vegan diet, suffering from lactose intolerance, fancy experimenting or are simply a fan of traditional dairy, there’s a nutritious milk out there for you. Dietitian Juliette Kellow does the milk round…

‘On average, most of us drink around 200ml cow’s milk each and every day’

While our fascination with plant-based milk drinks continues apace and their sales juggernaut ahead, we haven’t fallen out of love with cow’s milk. The average Brit still gets through 1.42 litres of milk a week – that’s just over 200ml a day (think small latte). Most of this – 78% – is reduced-fat dairy milk such as skimmed or semiskimmed. Full-fat milk makes up the remaining 22%. Dietitians tend to agree on this one: milk is nutritious and an important part of a balanced diet.

It’s a view supported by Public Health England’s The Eatwell Guide, which shows the types of foods and proportions that make up a healthy diet. Dairy foods form a small but significant section, with cow’s milk being the go-to choice for most of us.

Purchase options below
Find the complete article and many more in this issue of Healthy Food Guide - June 2018
If you own the issue, Login to read the full article now.
Single Issue - June 2018
Or 599 points
Annual Digital Subscription
Only $ 3.50 per issue
Or 4199 points
6 Month Digital Subscription
Only $ 3.66 per issue
Or 2199 points
Monthly Digital Subscription
Only $ 4.49 per issue
Or 449 points

View Issues

About Healthy Food Guide

Shape up before your holiday without crash diets – we've got easy swaps that will shave 500 calories a day to get rid of that belly fat - plus delicious low-cal recipes. We also help you stay safe in the sun, offer updated expert advice on migraines and boosting fertility (for men as well as women). Plus lots of nutrition guidance, including which milks and berries to choose for best health benefits.