This website use cookies and similar technologies to improve the site and to provide customised content and advertising. By using this site, you agree to this use. To learn more, including how to change your cookie settings, please view our Cookie Policy
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
EU
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
   You are currently viewing the European Union version of the site.
Would you like to switch to your local site?
Digital Subscriptions > Arran Banner > 06/10/18 > Editorial

Editorial

A little progress

Good to see there is at least some progress on the long saga of the redevelopment of the former McLaren Hotel site.

It is ultimately up to the planning officials or our elected representatives to rule on the planning application but the developer in its resubmitted plans, has certainly gone some way to meeting some of the objections which have been made.

It has cut the size of the hotel while improving its appearance and the number of rooms, while increasing the number of parking spaces – which were all on the list of objections, so at least it is trying.

It is the view of staffing which may still be an issue.

The developer contends that 80 per cent of its staff of around 25 will be employed from the mainland and it is to provide five staff rooms to accommodate them. The other 20 per cent will be recruited locally, it says.

READ MORE
Purchase options below
Find the complete article and many more in this issue of Arran Banner - 06/10/18
If you own the issue, Login to read the full article now.
Single Issue - 06/10/18
€1.09
Or 109 points
Annual Digital Subscription
Only € 0.63 per issue
SAVE
42%
€32.99
Or 3299 points
6 Month Digital Subscription
Only € 0.65 per issue
SAVE
40%
€16.99
Or 1699 points

View Issues

About Arran Banner

All the latest news, leisure and sport.