Shopping Cart -

Your cart is currently empty.
Continue Shopping
This website use cookies and similar technologies to improve the site and to provide customised content and advertising. By using this site, you agree to this use. To learn more, including how to change your cookie settings, please view our Cookie Policy
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
EU
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
   You are currently viewing the European Union version of the site.
Would you like to switch to your local site?
Digital Subscriptions > Build It > October 2018 > Smart heating

Smart heating

Create a comfortable, effi cient living environment that’s easy and cost-eff ective to run
Moss Technical’s Niko home control can integrate with pretty much every system in your home, including the heating

The more control you have over your heating and hot water setup, the greater the potential to tailor it to your needs and extract maximum effi ciency. “There are many homes in the UK without even basic controls,” explains Nigel Griffi ths, Build It’s sustainability expert. “By putting in a standard programmable timer you’ll be 75% of the way there in terms of the potential savings. The other 25% is about getting clever with zoning and temperature control.” And that’s where the latest whizz-bang tech comes in.

What is smart heating?

You may live in a home fi tted with a basic programmable timer and perhaps even a couple of heating zones already. But unless you’re constantly in the property and actively changing settings several times a day, you probably won’t have seen maximum value for money out of the system.

READ MORE
Purchase options below
Find the complete article and many more in this issue of Build It - October 2018
If you own the issue, Login to read the full article now.
Single Issue - October 2018
€4.49
Or 449 points
Annual Digital Subscription
Only € 2.42 per issue
SAVE
46%
€28.99
Or 2899 points

View Issues

About Build It

Inside the October edition of Build It magazine: - Smart Homes special: How tech can simplify your lifestyle - Beginner's guide to winning planning permission - Extension costs guide - Passivhaus: Does it make sense for eco renovations? - How to knock through walls & open up space - Building contracts explained - Underloor heating innovations ... and more!