This website use cookies and similar technologies to improve the site and to provide customised content and advertising. By using this site, you agree to this use. To learn more, including how to change your cookie settings, please view our Cookie Policy
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
GB
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
   You are currently viewing the United Kingdom version of the site.
Would you like to switch to your local site?
Digital Subscriptions > The Oban Times & Lochaber Times > 04 January 2018 > Woman’s near fatal anaphylactic shock sparks hospital cover row

Woman’s near fatal anaphylactic shock sparks hospital cover row

mentwistle@obantimes.co.uk

A PORTREE man whose partner suffered an almost fatal anaphylactic shock after eating prawns last week, says he fears what would have happened if the incident had happened a few days later due to changes to festive season out of hours care on the island.

It was three days before Christmas when Rosie McDade, 43, ate some prawns while at home. Fifteen minutes later she experienced itching and a burning sensation to her hands, arms, neck and face.

A few minutes more and her lips and eyes started to swell. Her breathing became wheezy and it was decided a trip to hospital was needed.

READ MORE
Purchase options below
Find the complete article and many more in this issue of The Oban Times & Lochaber Times - 04 January 2018
If you own the issue, Login to read the full article now.
Single Issue - 04 January 2018
£0.99
Or 99 points
Annual Digital Subscription
SAVE
36%
£32.99
Or 3299 points
6 Month Digital Subscription
SAVE
30%
£17.99
Or 1799 points

View Issues

About The Oban Times & Lochaber Times

Local news, leisure and sport. Happy New Year to all our readers.

Other Articles in this Issue