This website use cookies and similar technologies to improve the site and to provide customised content and advertising. By using this site, you agree to this use. To learn more, including how to change your cookie settings, please view our Cookie Policy
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
   You are currently viewing the United Kingdom version of the site.
Would you like to switch to your local site?
Digital Subscriptions > The Oban Times & Lochaber Times > FREE Sample Issue > Lovat finish third after narrow win against Oban Camanachd

Lovat finish third after narrow win against Oban Camanachd

LOVAT finished third in the Marine Harvest Premiership and Lochside Rovers extended their unbeaten run following the shinty action on Saturday October 28.

Marine Harvest Premiership

Oban Camanachd 1 Lovat 2

Lovat clinched third place in the Marine Harvest Premiership after they came from behind to beat Oban Camanachd 2-1 at Mossfield.

Both teams were without a number of first team regulars. Oban Camanachd boss Iain Hay was back on the touchline after missing his side’s last two matches as he was on holiday. Gary McKerracher returned to the side and started up front. He played well, proving a handful for Lovat full back Drew Howie. Keeper Gavin Stobbart was unavailable so Cameron Sutherland was promoted from Lochside. David Lafferty was missing and Daniel Cameron was a late call-off with an arm injury. Craig MacDougall and Lennon Campbell were Oban Camanachd’s only substitutes.

This was Lovat’s final game of the season and boss Fraser Gallacher, who himself started the match, travelled with Rory Gallacher as his only substitute. Greg Matheson was suspended whilst Callum Cruden, Craig Mainland, Martin Mainland, Calum MacAulay, Lorne MacKay and Thomas Fraser were all unavailable.

Only Stuart MacDonald, Drew Howie, Daniel Grieve, Ryan Ferguson and Lewis Tawse started from Lovat’s Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup final team. Scott MacKenzie returned from injury to start at wing back, with Chris Johnston in the other wing back position.

Oban Camanachd came close to breaking the deadlock following a goalmouth scramble, but Willie Neilson was unable to knock the ball home.

Purchase options below
Find the complete article and many more in this issue of The Oban Times & Lochaber Times - FREE Sample Issue
If you own the issue, Login to read the full article now.
Single Issue - FREE Sample Issue
Read Now!
Getting free sample issues is easy, but we need to add it to an account to read, so please follow the instructions to read your free issue today.
Email Address
Annual Digital Subscription
Or 3299 points
6 Month Digital Subscription
Or 1799 points

View Issues

About The Oban Times & Lochaber Times

Oban Minister to examine A85 safety Bins chaos strikes Oban again Fort William Call to end 'failing' train contract

Other Articles in this Issue