Shopping Cart -

Your cart is currently empty.
Continue Shopping
This website use cookies and similar technologies to improve the site and to provide customised content and advertising. By using this site, you agree to this use. To learn more, including how to change your cookie settings, please view our Cookie Policy
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
   You are currently viewing the European Union version of the site.
Would you like to switch to your local site?
Digital Subscriptions > Build It > Dec-16 > CAN SMART HEATING SAVE YOU MONEY?


The latest bells-andwhistles thermostats give you instant, intuitive access to managing your home’s heating and hot water – but will they slash your bills? Chris Bates talks to the experts to find out
Moss Technical’s Niko home control works across a range of smart systems. The main touchscreen gives you instant graphical feedback on usage statistics

The biggest buzzword in the heating industry at the moment is ‘control’. Simply put, more control means better tailoring of your space heating and hot water setup, which should ultimately get you closer to the holy grail of only using exactly as much energy as you actually need to create a comfortable living environment.

“There are many homes in the UK without even basic heating controls,” explains Nigel Griffiths, Build It’s sustainability expert. “Putting in a standard programmable timer gets you 75% of the way there in terms of the potential savings. The other 25% is about getting clever with zoning, temperature control in rooms and suchlike.” And that’s where the latest whizz-bang thermostats come in.

Purchase options below
Find the complete article and many more in this issue of Build It - Dec-16
If you own the issue, Login to read the full article now.
Single Issue - Dec-16
Or 349 points
Annual Digital Subscription
Only € 2.42 per issue
Or 2899 points

View Issues

About Build It

The December edition of Build It magazine brings you a wealth of information to help make your self build, renovation, extension or conversion project a success – including: • A unique modular home (page 20) • How to get basement extensions right (page 62) • 15 renovation ideas to add value and kerb appeal (page 66) • Will smart heating save you money? (page 73) • The latest woodburner trends and costs (page83) … and much more!