Shopping Cart -

Your cart is currently empty.
Continue Shopping
This website use cookies and similar technologies to improve the site and to provide customised content and advertising. By using this site, you agree to this use. To learn more, including how to change your cookie settings, please view our Cookie Policy
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
Pocketmags Digital Magazines
   You are currently viewing the United Kingdom version of the site.
Would you like to switch to your local site?
Digital Subscriptions > Skeptical Inquirer > July August 2016 > Dear Readers, This is about You . . . and Us

Dear Readers, This is about You . . . and Us

SKEPTICAL INQUIRER’s 2016 Reader Survey Results

We always appreciate having a special relationship with you, our readers. We just completed our first professional survey of Skeptical Inquirer subscribers in a long time, and I thought I’d share the results. It was a thirty-nine–question mailed survey of current subscribers completed before mid-February. Most publications don’t share their reader survey information; we’re not like most publications.

To all those who got the survey questionnaire and took the considerable time to fill it out, we are grateful. If you weren’t among the randomly selected sample to receive it, please feel free to email or write me with your own answers and comments. Even if not part of this formal survey, they will be highly useful to us.

There is a lot to be pleased and happy with in the results—and several things to be concerned about.

Perhaps the most important result is this: 44 percent of survey respondents “strongly agree” that “SI is a highly credible source of information,” and another 44 percent “agree” with that statement: a total of 88 percent.

Since that’s exactly what we strive to be, I am pleased with those high figures. In addition, 43 percent of respondents “strongly agree” and 51 percent “agree” that the information presented in SI “is very interesting.” Thirty-three percent “strongly agree” and 55 percent “agree” that the information presented in SI is “very useful.” Twenty-five percent “strongly agree” and 57 percent “agree” that the articles are well written.

Purchase options below
Find the complete article and many more in this issue of Skeptical Inquirer - July August 2016
If you own the issue, Login to read the full article now.
Single Issue - July August 2016
Or 299 points
Annual Digital Subscription
Only £ 2.83 per issue
Or 1699 points

View Issues

About Skeptical Inquirer

Does Astrology Need to Be True? A Thirty-Year Update Does E = mc2 Imply Mysticism? Does the Universe Revolve around Me? A Skeptical Response to Science Denial Skeptical Inquirer’s 2016 Reader Survey Results